According to a recent report from research firm Token Unlocks, 15 altcoins are expected to be unlocked in 2023. The report stated that the altcoins to be unlocked will be worth $102 billion. Among the 15 altcoins counted, it was seen that the altcoin with the highest locked value was Ripple (XRP). Accordingly, approximately $18 billion worth of XRP is expected to be unlocked in 2023.
After XRP, it was seen that the decentralized storage project Filecoin (FIL). The value of FIL, which is expected to be unlocked, is $ 4.9 billion. Optimisim (OP) is in third place after FIL. The value of the OP, which is expected to be unlocked, is also $ 3.7 billion.
Other altcoins with the largest market capitalization in the report of Token Unlocks and expected to be unlocked in 2023 and their values are as follows:
- Chainlink (LINK) $2.9 billion
- BitDAO (BIT) $2.5 billion
- ApeCoin (APE) $2.3 billion
- STEPN (GMT) $1.4 billion
- Hedera (HBAR) $1 billion
- Axie Infinity (AXS) $1 billion
- dYdX (DYDX) $900 million
- Ethereum Name Service (ENS) $800 million
- Kadena (KDA) $700 million
- Curve DAO (CRV) $600 million
- PancakeSwap (CAKE) $600 million
- Gala (GALA) 500 million dollars
Although unlocking the tokens does not mean that there will be a direct sale, such developments can reduce the risk appetite and price for that token. In this context, experts remind that investors should be careful.