Real estate developers have started accepting cryptocurrencies as payment for the homes they build. Harbor Custom Development real estate development company is also starting to accept cryptocurrencies, including Dogecoin (DOGE).
Harbor Custom Development, Inc. will accept "digital currencies as payment for land, developed land, condominiums, condominiums and condominiums listed on the company's operating markets in Washington, California, Texas, and Florida, effective January 24, 2022."
The company plans to receive payments in Bitcoin, Ethereum, USD Coin, XRP, Dogecoin, SHIBA INU, Binance USD, Wrapped Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dai, Bitcoin Cash, Pax Dollar and Gemini Dollar.
Jeff Habersetzer, VP of Operations, said it makes sense for them to be paid in cryptocurrencies.
“The adoption of digital currencies for our real estate offerings is a logical step for Harbor and demonstrates our flexible business model that sets us apart from our peers in the industry.”
Their official website recently advertised homes in Tacoma, Bremerton, Belfair, Blaine, Texas, and California.
President and CEO Sterling Griffin talked about the advantages of getting paid with cryptocurrencies.
“By accepting digital currencies, Harbor not only opens the door to organizations with total market capitalization in excess of $1 trillion, but also puts Harbor in a first-mover position in adoption. Our clear goal is to increase shareholder value while acting as thought leaders within our industry group.”
- Soundview Estates, Bremerton: 25 homes
- Mills Crossing, Bremerton: 36 townhome apartments under construction
- Pacific Ridge, Tacoma: 80 condominiums under construction
- Wyndstone, Yelm: 76 apartments units under construction
- Olympic Sunset View Apartment Project, Belfair: 226 units under construction
- Tanglewilde, Olympia Apartments: 177 under construction
- Bridgeview Apartments, Port Orchard: 138 units, site construction starts spring 2022
- Broadmoor Commons, Bremerton: 32 townhome apartments, construction starts this month
- Westry Village, Poulsbo: 66 townhomes, spring 2022