Clover Finance (CLV), or Clover for short, is a blockchain operating system. It is a project that provides solutions such as Cross Chain to the bottlenecks experienced in blockchains.
- Blockchain: Ethereum
- Total supply: 1 billion
- Circulating supply: 211 million
- Market cap: $160 million (December 15, 2021)
- Lowest price: $0.4288
- Highest price: $2.17
- Purpose of the project: Clover, a blockchain operating system, is a project that brings solutions to the problems experienced in the blockchain.
- Uses: Blockchain technology
Clover Finance was founded in 2020 as a Substrate-based Polkadot parachain. The platform aims to provide an intuitive blockchain infrastructure to reduce the efforts and costs of developers. Clover manifests itself as a base layer for cross-chain compatibility. Its co-founders are trying to bring more decentralization to the crypto universe as a whole.
How does the Clover project work?
Clover describes itself as a blockchain operating system. It includes a storage layer, smart contract layer, Defi protocol layer and eApp layer working together to achieve the goal of blockchain interoperability. More specifically, layers can be handled as follows:
- Storage Layer: The storage protocol layer provides distributed storage of dApp data.
- Smart Contract Layer: This layer supports cross-chain distribution of smart contracts with a Web 3.0 compatible API. Existing web 3.0 DApps can be migrated to Clover without any changes.
- DeFi Protocol Layer: This layer supports various basic DeFi protocols such as swap, lend, insurance and others. Developers will also be able to create additional DeFi protocols.
- eApp Layer (eApp layer): This layer supports migration from a DApp to an eApp (External Application). Developers can easily create and deploy their own eApps in Clover without the need for other virtual machines or network bandwidth.
What is Clover Finance (CLV) Token?
The CLV token is truly cross-chain usable as its unique two-way bridge allows EVM-based Clover addresses and Polkadot-based Clover addresses to work together. This is an incredibly useful development, especially as the Clover app and wallet can connect and collect information from user accounts across multiple DApps. This makes it easy for DeFi users to keep track of their multiple wallets, accounts and assets.
The CLV token is a multi-use crypto asset in the Clover Finance ecosystem. Used as a governance token to enable community voting on system upgrades. CLV can also be used to pay transaction fees on the platform.
Clover Finance has a growing number of strategic partners and supporters, including like-minded projects like The Graph, Chainlink, Polygon, Bounce, Chainswap, and Crust. Many of these projects are trying to provide a more holistic blockchain experience for users who have previously connected disparate elements. Clover is a promising new blockchain layer that allows users to interact and transact with large networks at the same time. Along with other new protocols and platforms, Clover can help unravel what is the biggest barrier to mass adoption of DeFi.
Clover Finance, which is invested by giant companies such as Alameda Research, Polychain Capital, Huobi, OKEx, was first listed on Coinbase Pro in July 2021. CLV Token can be traded on giant exchanges such as Binance, Coinbase, Huobi, Gate.io, KuCoin, FTX, OKEx.
Here are some other use cases for the token in the network:
- Validation: Users can stake their CLV to validate transactions on the network's validator infrastructure.
- Tresaury Access: Developers can apply to have their projects funded from the treasury.
- Nomination: CLV holders can nominate their own node validators using one-click deployment.